We’ve come a long way

Originally our main objective in Ostrava was to use the nearby source of coke gas to provide local production and surrounding European countries with ammonia, nitric acid and synthetic fertilisers. Today our focus and investment are mainly directed to strengthening our position on the polyurethane market.

1927 – Construction of new chemical plant begins.

1959 – Production of cyclohexanone begins.

1961 to 1962 – The company starts producing aniline, cyclohexylamine and dicyclohexylamine in pilot units.

1990 – Transformation from a state-owned plant to the joint stock company Moravské chemické závody (MCHZ).

1993 – First phase of specialty amines production.

1995 – ISO 9002 certification for aniline, cyclohexylamine, nitrobenzene, concentrated nitric acid and oxalic acid.

1998 – Expansion of aniline plant.

2000 – Acquisition by strategic partner and formation of the company BorsodChem MCHZ, s.r.o.

2005 – Further expansion of aniline plant.

2009 – Licence for aniline production technology sold to Japan, where 2 large capacity units are running successfully. More than one tenth of aniline production worldwide is produced under the BorsodChem MCHZ, s.r.o. licence.

ScreenShot1121.jpg

 

 

ScreenShot1124.jpg